The One Romance Book I Still Can't Stop Thinking About: Love Song by Elle Kennedy ❤️

☕ Coffee Chat Friday ☕
 The One Romance Book I Still Can't Stop Thinking About:
Love Song by Elle Kennedy 

Published: July 24, 2026

There are a lot of books I love.

Some I finish, close the cover, and move right on to the next one.

Then there are the rare books that stay with me long after I've turned the final page.

For me, Love Song by Elle Kennedy is one of those books.


What's It About?

A Briar universe standalone romance featuring the next generation of the beloved Off-Campus characters.

After a heartbreaking breakup, Blake Logan heads to her family's lake house in Tahoe hoping for a fresh start and a drama-free summer. Instead, she's reunited with Wyatt Graham the musician who broke her heart years earlier and the last person she expected to see.

As old feelings resurface and the chemistry between them becomes impossible to ignore, one unforgettable summer changes both of their lives forever.


Why I Still Can't Stop Thinking About It

I don't even know where to start.

This book had me kicking and screaming in the best possible way.

From the very first chapter, I couldn't put it down.

Even after finishing it, I found myself thinking about the characters, the moments that made me smile, and everything that made this story so unforgettable.


Blake Was Everything

One of my favorite things about this book was Blake.

She has such an independent personality and definitely gives off "I don't need a man" energy, which I absolutely loved.

Watching her grow while still staying true to herself made her one of my favorite Elle Kennedy heroines.


THE DAD CHATS

Can we PLEASE talk about the dad conversations?

Because...

THE DAD CHATS.

They completely stole my heart.

Some of my favorite moments in the entire book came from those conversations. They added so much warmth, humor, and emotion to the story.

Honestly... they might have been my favorite scenes in the entire book.


 Wyatt Graham...

A musician as the main character?

Say less.

Wyatt was charming, emotional, and impossible not to root for. The chemistry between him and Blake felt effortless, and I loved watching their relationship unfold.


Returning to Briar Felt Like Coming Home

As someone who absolutely loves the Off-Campus and Briar universe, this book felt incredibly special.

Wyatt Graham is the son of Garrett Graham and Hannah Wells, while Blake Logan is the daughter of John Logan and Grace Ivers.

Watching the next generation take center stage felt like coming home while still getting a brand-new story to fall in love with.

It wasn't just fan service.

It felt like catching up with old friends while getting to know a whole new cast of characters.

And if you're new to the Briar universe, don't worry -- Love Song can absolutely be enjoyed as a standalone. But longtime fans will definitely appreciate all of the little connections.


Can We Talk About This Cover?

Before I even opened the book...

I was already obsessed with the cover.

It's honestly one of my favorite romance covers I've seen in a long time.

Beautiful.

Soft.

Emotional.

It perfectly captures the feeling of the story inside.


 The Quote That Stayed With Me

"I've spent a long time feeling like I'm not good enough."

That line hit me.

It's one of those quotes that sticks with you because, in one way or another, I think so many of us have felt that way.


 Romance in the Coffee Rings Coffee Pairing

🍯 Honey Vanilla Latte

Sweet.

Comforting.

A little nostalgic.

The perfect coffee to sip while getting lost in Blake and Wyatt's story.


Final Thoughts

Some books entertain you.

Some books stay with you.

Love Song did both.

It reminded me why I fell in love with Elle Kennedy's writing in the first place.

Between Blake and Wyatt, the unforgettable dad chats, revisiting the Briar universe, and all the emotions packed into one story, this became one of my favorite romances of the year.

If you love emotional romances, second chances, next-generation stories, and characters you'll think about long after you've finished reading, I can't recommend this one enough.

And honestly...

I still can't stop thinking about it.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


 Let's Talk!

What's one romance book you still can't stop thinking about?

I'd love to hear your answer and maybe add a few more books to my ever-growing TBR!

Until next time...

Happy reading, happy sipping, and don't forget the coffee. ☕💕

— Erica | Romance in the Coffee Rings

P.S my book besties☕
Coffee Chat Friday is a NEW recurring series on Romance in the Coffee Rings where we talk about books, coffee, and everything in between.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

📦 August Book Mail & Preorders ✨

🎧 Trope Playlist Thursday

What’s the Hype Wednesday: Obsession Never Looked This Dark 🖤