The Wrong Heart Review | A Story That Completely Broke Me
The Wrong Heart Review
A Story That Completely Broke Me 💔
Published: July 29, 2026
Romance in the Coffee Rings Quick Stats
⭐ Overall Rating: ★★★★★ (5/5)
❤️ Favorite Character: The Heart Recipient
💕 Favorite Trope: Grumpy x Sunshine
📧 Favorite Element: The Anonymous Emails
☕ Coffee Pairing: 🍫 Dark Chocolate Mocha
⚠️ Content Warning: This book contains themes of grief, loss of a loved one, self-harm, and suicide. Please check the trigger warnings before reading.
⚠️ Spoiler-Free Review: This review contains no major spoilers, so you can safely keep reading if The Wrong Heart is on your TBR!
What's It About?
When her husband dies, he leaves behind more than memories.
His heart is donated to another man.
Desperate to hold onto the last piece of her husband she has left, she anonymously reaches out to the recipient through a series of emails.
She doesn't expect a reply.
She doesn't expect a friendship.
And she definitely doesn't expect what happens next.
I Sobbed Through This Entire Book
I'm not exaggerating when I say...
I cried from beginning to end.
This wasn't just an emotional romance.
It was a story about grief, healing, hope, and learning how to live after unimaginable loss.
It completely shattered my heart.
The Anonymous Emails Were Everything
One of my favorite parts of this book was the anonymous emails.
Watching these two strangers slowly build a connection through simple conversations was beautiful, heartbreaking, and incredibly unique.
Every email made me want to keep reading just one more chapter.
The Grumpiest Hero Ever
Can we talk about the male main character for a second?
Because...
WOW.
He is grumpy.
Like...
Grumpy x Sunshine on a whole other level.
Watching his walls slowly come down throughout the story made every emotional moment even more rewarding.
It Felt Like an Emotional Lifetime Movie
The entire time I was reading, I kept thinking...
"This would make such an incredible Lifetime movie."
It was emotional.
Heartbreaking.
Hopeful.
And filled with unexpected twists that kept me completely invested from beginning to end.
The Quote That Stayed With Me
"What's on the other side?" ..... "Whatever you put there."
This quote completely stayed with me.
Simple.
Hopeful.
Powerful.
Sometimes the shortest quotes leave the biggest impact.
Romance in the Coffee Rings Coffee Pairing
🍫 Dark Chocolate Mocha
Rich.
Bittersweet.
Comforting.
The perfect coffee to hold onto while reading a story that completely shattered my heart before slowly putting the pieces back together.
Final Thoughts
I don't think I've cried this much over a romance in a very long time.
The Wrong Heart isn't just a love story.
It's a story about grief.
Healing.
Hope.
And discovering that love can still find you even after experiencing unimaginable loss.
Jennifer Hartmann completely blew me away.
This was my first book by her, and it definitely won't be my last.
I'm officially adding her to my list of auto-buy authors because this story left a lasting impression on me.
Let's Talk!
Have you ever read a book that completely emotionally wrecked you?
I'd love to know which book had you reaching for the tissues!
Until next time...
Happy reading, happy sipping, and don't forget the coffee. ☕💕
— Erica | Romance in the Coffee Rings
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment