Book News | Netflix Reveals the Cast for Better Than the Movies! 🎬

πŸ’› Book News πŸ’›

Netflix Reveals the Cast for Better Than the Movies! 🎬

Published: August 2, 2026

⚠️ No spoilers! This post discusses only the movie adaptation announcement. ⚠️

This post summarizes publicly announced casting news and includes my personal thoughts as a fan of the book.


Romance in the Coffee Rings Book News

One of BookTok's favorite romance novels is officially heading to Netflix!

Netflix has officially announced the two lead actors for its upcoming adaptation of Better Than the Movies by Lynn Painter, and I couldn't wait to share the exciting news with all of you.

If you've read Better Than the Movies, you already know just how lovable Liz and Wes are, so it's always exciting to finally see who will be bringing these fan-favorite characters to life.


🎬 Meet the Cast

πŸ’› Beatrice Kitsos as Liz Buxbaum

πŸŽ₯ David Iacono as Wes Bennett

Many readers may already recognize David Iacono from The Summer I Turned Pretty, where he played Cam, making this another exciting romance adaptation for him.


What We Know So Far

Better Than the Movies follows hopeless romantic Liz Buxbaum, who teams up with her next-door neighbor, Wes Bennett, hoping he'll help her win over her longtime crush.

Of course, as any romance reader can probably guess, things don't exactly go according to plan.

Netflix has officially announced Beatrice Kitsos and David Iacono as the film's two leads, marking one of the biggest updates we've received since the adaptation was first announced.

While we don't have an official release date just yet, this casting announcement makes the movie feel one step closer to becoming a reality. I'll be sure to keep you updated as more news about the adaptation is announced.


My Thoughts

I don't think I've ever clicked on casting news so fast. πŸ˜‚

As soon as I saw Netflix's announcement, I immediately wanted to know who would be playing Liz and Wes.

I think David Iacono is an especially interesting choice after seeing him as Cam in The Summer I Turned Pretty, and I'm excited to see his take on Wes Bennett.

I'm always a little nervous whenever one of my favorite books is adapted, but I'm also incredibly excited to see this story come to life.

Now I'm officially counting down until we get our first trailer!


Let's Talk!

Have you read Better Than the Movies?

What do you think of the casting?

Are you excited for the Netflix adaptation?

I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments!


Continue the Conversation

Want to learn more?

πŸ“° Read the full Deadline casting announcement for more details about the film and cast.

πŸ“± Follow Lynn Painter & Netflix on Instagram to stay up to date on future Better Than the Movies news and upcoming releases.


Thank you for stopping by Romance in the Coffee Rings.

If you enjoy book reviews, book news, and cozy coffee chats, I'd love for you to stick around!

Until next time...

Happy reading, happy sipping, and don't forget the coffee. ☕πŸ’•

— Erica | Romance in the Coffee Rings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

πŸ“¦ August Book Mail & Preorders ✨

🎧 Trope Playlist Thursday

What’s the Hype Wednesday: Obsession Never Looked This Dark πŸ–€