Book Review | Pieces of the Night 🌙

 🌙 Book Review | Pieces of the Night🌙

Published: August 5, 2026


Romance in the Coffee Rings Quick Stats

⭐ Overall Rating: ★★★★★ (Honestly... 5,000 stars.)

🎸 Favorite Character: Chase Rhodes 

🎵 Genre: Musician Romance

🌟 Favorite Side Characters: Kenna & Tag

🐶 Bonus Points: An adorable dog

☕ Coffee Pairing: Vanilla Bourbon Latte (Non-Alcoholic)

⚠️ Trigger Warnings: Overdose, drug use, alcohol use, death, grief, and emotional abuse.⚠️

🔒 Spoiler-Free Review: This review contains no major spoilers. 🔒


 Romance in the Coffee Rings Book Review

Last Wednesday, I shared my review of The Wrong Heart, my first book by this author.

That book completely wrecked me emotionally.

Naturally... I immediately picked up Pieces of the Night.

I honestly wondered if The Wrong Heart was simply one of those rare books that hits you at exactly the right moment.

After finishing Pieces of the Night... I can confidently say it wasn't.

Once again, this author took me on an emotional roller coaster that had me crying at my desk, holding my breath through unexpected twists, and completely invested from beginning to end.

If there's one thing I've learned after reading two of her books back-to-back, it's this:

She knows exactly how to break your heart... and somehow put it back together again.


What's It About?

When a chance encounter changes everything, two broken people find themselves connected through music in ways neither of them ever expected. As their secret collaboration grows into something much bigger, they're forced to face grief, impossible choices, and the risks that come with opening their hearts again.

It's emotional.

It's heartbreaking.

And it's impossible to put down.


Why I Loved It

I don't even know where to begin.

This wasn't just a romance.

It was a story about grief, healing, hope, forgiveness, and finding light in the darkest moments.

The emotions never felt forced. Every heartbreaking moment felt earned. 

Every time I thought I knew where the story was going, the author surprised me all over again.

I cried...More than once.

Just like The Wrong Heart, this story took me on an emotional journey I wasn't prepared for.

And I loved every second of it... And yes... the adorable dog completely stole a few scenes.


 Chase Rhodes

Without question... Chase was my favorite character.

My heart absolutely broke for him.

He carried so much pain throughout this story, yet he never stopped trying to move forward.

Watching his journey unfold was heartbreaking, beautiful, and incredibly emotional.

He's the kind of character who stays with you long after you finish the book.


The Music

One of my favorite parts of this story was how music wasn't just part of the setting...

The songwriting.

The performances.

The emotions poured into every lyric.

It all made the romance feel even more powerful.


A Story That Hit Close to Home

There was one moment in this book that really stayed with me.

Without giving anything away, there was a scene where I found myself relating to exactly how the FMC was feeling.

It caught me completely off guard because I remembered a time in my own life when I felt those same emotions.

That's one of the reasons this story hit me so deeply.

When a book makes you feel understood without even trying... You know you've found something special.


Romance in the Coffee Rings Coffee Pairing

☕ Vanilla Bourbon Latte (Non-Alcoholic)

Inspired by the whiskey throughout the novel, this latte uses bourbon vanilla flavoring not alcohol to create a warm, rich, comforting drink.

It perfectly captures the emotional, late-night atmosphere of Pieces of the Night while staying true to your coffee theme.


Favorite Quote

"We're not written in the stars... we are the stars."

Beautiful.

Hopeful.

And one of my favorite quotes I've read all year.


Final Thoughts

If you're looking for a romance that's filled with emotion, unforgettable characters, beautiful music, and twists you genuinely won't see coming...

Read Pieces of the Night.

Just make sure you have tissues nearby.

It was one of those stories that reminded me why I love reading in the first place.


Let's Talk!

Have you ever read a book that completely caught you off guard?

Do you have a favorite musician romance?

I'd love to hear your recommendations in the comments!


Until next time...

Happy reading, happy sipping, and don't forget the coffee. ☕💙

— Erica | Romance in the Coffee Rings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

📦 August Book Mail & Preorders ✨

🎧 Trope Playlist Thursday

What’s the Hype Wednesday: Obsession Never Looked This Dark 🖤