Book Review | Yes, Chef by Grace Reilly👨🍳
👨🍳 Book Review | Yes, Chef by Grace Reilly👨🍳
Published: August 3, 2026
🍽️ Romance in the Coffee Rings Quick Stats
⭐ Overall Rating: ★★★★★ (5/5 but six stars in my heart!)
👨🍳 Main Characters: Jack Hartman & Poppy Winfield
💕 Favorite Trope: Grumpy x Sunshine
😂 Favorite Element: The laugh-out-loud comedy
🐈 Scene-Stealer: Gator
🌟 Standout Supporting Character: Kiara
☕ Coffee Pairing: Honey Orange Cold Brew
⚠️ Spoiler-Free Review: This review contains no major spoilers, so you can safely keep reading if Yes, Chef is still on your TBR!⚠️
Romance in the Coffee Rings Book Review
Sometimes you pick up a romance hoping for a fun escape...
And sometimes you find a book that has you laughing so hard you forget you’re even reading.
Yes, Chef was exactly that book for me.
Between the laugh-out-loud banter, unforgettable characters, heartfelt moments, and one very special cat named Gator, this quickly became one of my favorite romantic comedies I’ve read this year.
Honestly?
If I could give it six stars, I absolutely would.
📈 At the time of publishing this review, Yes, Chef is Amazon’s #1 New Release and after finishing it, I completely understand why.
What's It About?
After a very public meltdown at one of Manhattan's most prestigious restaurants, celebrity chef Jack Hartman returns to his South Florida hometown carrying more than just professional baggage.
He's grieving the loss of his mentor, trying to figure out his future, and definitely isn't looking for distractions.
Then Poppy Winfield shows up.
Fresh off a painful breakup and determined to prove she's more than just an influencer, Poppy proposes a partnership: together they'll reopen Jack's mentor's beloved restaurant.
Jack handles the menu.
Poppy handles the marketing.
Simple... right?
Not exactly.
As they spend more time together in the kitchen and even living together on a houseboat the sparks become impossible to ignore.
Why I Loved It
I honestly don't know where to begin.
This book was pure romantic comedy in book form.
I laughed.
I smiled.
I kicked my feet.
And somehow Grace Reilly balanced all of that humor with emotional moments about grief, healing, family expectations, and learning to believe in yourself again.
It was funny.
It was heartfelt.
And it reminded me why I love romance books so much.
This Is Pure Rom-Com Gold
If someone ever asked me for a romance that felt like it belonged on the big screen...
Yes, Chef would be one of my first recommendations.
The banter was hilarious.
The chemistry between Jack and Poppy was effortless.
Even the smallest moments had me laughing.
I could genuinely see this becoming one of my favorite romantic comedy movies.
Jack & Poppy
Jack is everything you'd expect from a grumpy chef.
Quiet.
Stubborn.
Intimidating.
But underneath all of that is someone carrying so much grief that my heart broke for him.
Then there's Poppy.
Bright.
Optimistic.
Determined.
She's trying to rebuild her confidence after a difficult breakup while also proving to herself and everyone around her that she's capable of more than people expect.
Their personalities couldn't be more different.
Jack calling her "Princess"?
I absolutely melted.
But what I loved most was watching them slowly break down each other's walls.
Who Stole the Show?
One of my favorite things about Yes, Chef was that no single character completely stole the spotlight.
There were moments when I absolutely loved Jack...
Then five pages later Poppy had me laughing out loud or cheering her on.
Of course...
There were also plenty of moments where they both drove me a little crazy. 😂
And honestly?
That made them feel more real.
I also have to give a special shout-out to Kiara.
Every time she appeared on the page, I wanted more of her story, and I'm officially hoping Grace Reilly gives her a book someday.
Can We Please Talk About Gator?
Without giving anything away...
Gator deserves his own fan club.
That's it.
That's the section.
More Than Just Romance
What surprised me most was how much heart this story had.
Yes, it's funny.
Yes, it's incredibly romantic.
But it's also about grief.
Family pressure.
Self-doubt.
Finding confidence again.
And discovering that sometimes the people who challenge us the most are exactly the ones we need.
Those emotional moments made the romance feel even more rewarding.
Reader Confession
Romance in the Coffee Rings Coffee Pairing
🍊 Honey Orange Cold Brew
Bright.
Refreshing.
Sweet with just the right amount of zing.
The perfect coffee to enjoy while spending the summer with Jack, Poppy, and the unforgettable crew at Hartman's restaurant.
Final Thoughts
If you're looking for a romance that will make you laugh, swoon, and leave you with a huge smile on your face...
Read Yes, Chef.
Between the hilarious banter, unforgettable characters, heartfelt emotional moments, and one scene-stealing cat named Gator, this became one of my favorite romances of the year.
Honestly...
If Goodreads let me..
This would've been a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ read.
Let's Talk!
Have you read Yes, Chef yet?
Or...
What's the funniest romance you've ever read?
I'd love to hear your recommendations because I'm always looking for another rom-com to add to my TBR!
Until next time...
Happy reading, happy sipping, and don't forget the coffee. ☕💕
— Erica | Romance in the Coffee Rings

Comments
Post a Comment