I'm Looking for a Man in Finance Book Review | How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days Vibes in the Best Way πΌπ°π½
I'm Looking for a Man in Finance Review
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days Vibes in the Best Way πΌπ°π½
Published: August 12, 2026
Romance in the Coffee Rings Quick Stats
⭐ Overall Rating: ★★★☆☆ (3/5)
πΌ Main Characters: Hallie Woods & James Rossi
π Favorite Trope: Enemies-to-Lovers
π Favorite Element: The witty banter
π Scene-Stealer: Roxie
π½ Standout Setting: New York City
☕ Coffee Pairing: Old Fashioned-Inspired Orange Espresso
⚠️ Spoiler-Free Review: This review contains no major spoilers, so you can safely keep reading if I'm Looking for a Man in Finance is still on your TBR! ⚠️
Romance in the Coffee Rings Book Review
Sometimes you pick up a romance looking for your next five-star read...
And sometimes you find a book that's simply a fun way to spend an afternoon.
I'm Looking for a Man in Finance was exactly that for me.
It didn't completely steal my heart, but it made me laugh, kept me entertained, and gave me major How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days vibes from beginning to end.
If you're looking for a cute, fast-paced rom-com with plenty of banter and a New York City backdrop, this one is worth checking out.
What's It About?
Journalist Hallie Woods is given an assignment unlike anything she's tackled before: date the most eligible man on Wall Street and write about the experience.
The only problem? Finance guys couldn't be further from her type.
But as Hallie dives deeper into the assignment, one man keeps getting in her way James Rossi.
Their constant run-ins quickly turn into witty back-and-forth banter, forcing Hallie to question whether the story she's chasing is the one she actually wants to tell.
Why I Liked It
The best word I can use to describe this book is...
Fun.
This was the kind of romance I could easily read in a day, and sometimes that's exactly what I'm looking for.
The banter between Hallie and James kept the story moving, and I especially loved the New York City setting. Being from New York myself, it was fun recognizing the atmosphere and picturing the city throughout the book.
The biggest surprise? It constantly reminded me of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.
If that's one of your favorite rom-coms, I have a feeling you'll notice the similarities too.
Can We Please Talk About Roxie?
Every time Roxie showed up...
I wanted more.
She brought so much personality to every scene and easily became my favorite supporting character.
Sometimes side characters quietly steal the spotlight...
Roxie definitely did.
Romance in the Coffee Rings Coffee Pairing
☕ Old Fashioned-Inspired Orange Espresso
The Old Fashioned became such a memorable part of this story that I couldn't resist giving it a coffee twist.
Bold espresso.
A hint of orange.
Just enough sweetness.
It's the perfect cozy drink to capture the Wall Street atmosphere while keeping things coffee-shop friendly.
Final Thoughts
If you're looking for a quick, entertaining romance with witty banter, a New York City setting, and major How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days energy...
Give I'm Looking for a Man in Finance a try.
While it wasn't a standout favorite for me, it was still a fun, easy read that left me smiling.
Sometimes that's exactly the kind of book you need.
Let's Talk!
Have you read I'm Looking for a Man in Finance yet?
What's your favorite romance with a New York City setting?
I'd love to hear your recommendations!
Until next time...
Happy reading, happy sipping, and don't forget the coffee. ☕π
— Erica | Romance in the Coffee Rings

Comments
Post a Comment