The Divorce Review | The Lifetime Movie Thriller I Couldn't Put Down 🔪

 🔪 The Divorce Review
The Lifetime Movie Thriller I Couldn't Put Down 🔪


Published: August 19, 2026

Romance in the Coffee Rings Quick Stats

⭐ Overall Rating: ★★★★½ (4.5/5)

🔪 Genre: Psychological Thriller

📖 Reading Speed: Devoured in 24 hours

🎬 Vibe: Lifetime movie... but make it completely unhinged

😳 What Kept Me Reading: The drama, obsession, secrets & twists

☕ Coffee Pairing: Dark Chocolate Mocha

🔒 Spoiler-Free Review: This review contains no major spoilers.


Romance in the Coffee Rings Book Review

Every once in a while, I have to step away from romance and read something completely different.

And apparently what I needed was divorce, obsession, secrets, and absolute chaos. 😂

The Divorce by Freida McFadden gave me exactly that.

I gave this one 4.5 stars, and I absolutely devoured it in about 24 hours.

The entire time I was reading, I kept thinking:

This feels like one of those completely unhinged Lifetime movies I would've watched with my mom... and I mean that as the highest compliment.

The drama?

The secrets?

The what the hell is actually happening here?! energy?

I ate it up.


What's It About?

Naomi thought she had the happily ever after.

Marriage. A beautiful home. A family.

Until her husband suddenly kicks her out, hires powerful divorce lawyers, drains their accounts, and starts seeing a much younger woman.

Naomi could walk away and rebuild her life.

Instead, she becomes fascinated with her husband's new girlfriend.

That curiosity slowly turns into an obsession, and the deeper Naomi digs, the more secrets she discovers.

Soon, she's forced to question far more than just the end of her marriage.

Because keeping her family together might come at a much bigger cost than she ever imagined.


Why I Couldn't Put It Down

This is exactly the kind of thriller that makes me say:

"Okay, just one more chapter."

And then suddenly it's hours later.

Honestly, when I read thrillers, I'm usually not looking for someone to fall in love with the way I am when I'm reading romance.

I want the chaos.

I want secrets.

I want questionable decisions.

I want to think I know what's happening only to discover that I absolutely do not.

And The Divorce delivered.

There was something so addictive about watching everything unravel that I needed to know how it was going to end.

Hence...

24 hours.


Someone Call Lifetime

I cannot explain this any other way.

This book felt like a Lifetime movie I have DEFINITELY watched with my mom at some point. 😂

A marriage falling apart.

A younger girlfriend.

Obsession.

Secrets.

Danger.

Put this on my TV immediately.

And I don't mean that as an insult at all.

That's actually part of what made this book so much fun for me. It had that dramatic, slightly over-the-top energy that made it incredibly easy to fly through.


Freida McFadden Has Me Hooked

At this point, Freida McFadden has become one of those authors I know I can turn to when I want something fast, twisty, and completely addictive.

I've really enjoyed the books I've read from her so far, and The Divorce only made me want to keep working through her books.

And now I'm already looking forward to The Witch coming in October.

If it gives me even half the "WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" energy her other books have given me...

I'll be happy. 😂


Romance in the Coffee Rings Coffee Pairing

🍫 Dark Chocolate Mocha

For a book this dark and dramatic, we needed something a little richer than my usual cozy romance pairing.

A Dark Chocolate Mocha feels perfect.

Rich.

Dark.

A little bitter.

But still sweet enough to keep you coming back for another sip...

Kind of like this book.


 Final Thoughts

The Divorce was exactly what I wanted from a psychological thriller.

Fast.

Messy.

Dramatic.

Addictive.

Was I emotionally attached to the characters like I am with my favorite romances?

No.

Was I sitting there needing to know what these people were going to do next?

ABSOLUTELY.

If you love thrillers that feel like completely unhinged Lifetime movies and keep you saying "one more chapter" until you've accidentally finished the entire book...

Add this one to your list.


Let's Talk!

Are you a Freida McFadden reader?

What's your favorite book by her?

And most importantly...

Do you also love a thriller that feels like it belongs on Lifetime? 😂

Give me your best thriller recommendations in the comments!

Until next time...

Happy reading, happy sipping, and don't forget the coffee. ☕💕

— Erica | Romance in the Coffee Rings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

📦 August Book Mail & Preorders ✨

🎧 Trope Playlist Thursday

What’s the Hype Wednesday: Obsession Never Looked This Dark 🖤